Bridgewater Law Group has advised developers, property owners, landlords, tenants, prospective buyers and sellers, regarding commercial and residential property deals and legal disputes. Our team of lawyers can advise you on all of the steps of complex real estate deals, such as negotiation, preparing and reviewing transactions, credit qualifications, requesting and obtaining lending, filing title reports, closing the deal, and also the complicated variety of legal issues that can happen if any one of these go awry.Real Estate Deals
Whether it is the assessment, arbitration, or drafting of real estate contracts, our office will provide the guidance you need to successfully make a property transaction. Some of the issues we can advise on are:
- Condominium and Homeowners Associations – Our office can guide property managers and condo boards on suggestions for operations, reducing liability and maximizing retention.
- Commercial Real Estate – Bridgewater Law Group can assist property owners with an array of commercial real estate issues. We guide commercial property owners from the purchase of undeveloped land, negotiations with contractors for development, and guiding the navigation of obtaining permits, zoning restrictions, and labor disputes.
- Residential Real Estate Matters – No matter what side of the transaction –buyer, seller, or developer – we know residential matters have the potential to get very complicated. We have successfully helped clients who found themselves caught up in real estate disputes. We can advise on how to defuse the matter and avoid further disputes.
Our Real Estate Expertise Includes:
- Zoning and boundary disputes
- Contract breaches
- Broker, buyer, and seller negotiations
- Successful deal closings
- Construction and labor resolution
- Preparation of lease agreements
- Preparation of contract agreements
- Advising on property disclosure process
- License and permit laws
- Process of escrow
- Lending and financial transactions
- Foreclosure law process
- Homeowner’s Associations and condominium disputes
- Landlord/tenant conflicts
- Tax Liens
We partner with property owners, developers, financial institutions and government authorities, to provide legal counseling and adjudicate issues involving city planning, zoning, titles, permits and tenants for court and arbitration matters. Bridgewater Law Group also has extensive knowledge of environmental law and property law issues that arise in development.Prevention and Resolution of Property Conflicts
We solve conflicts caused by highly complex commercial and residential construction, for both mediation and litigation. We have the expertise of successfully resolving issues with owners, contractors, and tenants in cases regarding commercial buildings, mixed-use facilities, residential complexes, as well as hotels and industrial plants. At Bridgewater Law Group, we also safeguard our clients’ best interests, often before issues even arise, given our high-level of expertise in this area.Property Disclosure Law in California
California, like many other states, requires property sellers to advise, in writing, pertinent details about the property they are selling or intend to sell. The disclosure rules apply to nearly all California property sellers, however large or small the home may be.
One of the many reasons disclosure is so necessary is because potential home buyers need to fully understand what issues or potential issues on a property exist to determine if they can truly proceed with the purchase and if they have sufficient resources to purchase the property in light of the problems. The process of disclosure also includes suggesting a reasonable purchase price and knowing what possible repairs or upgrades are needed for the home to make it livable.
If a court finds that the property owner did not reasonably demonstrate property disclosure by outlining important details directly related to the value of the home, that property owner may be sued.How an Attorney can Help You
We advocate for our clients and provide the best defense possible. At Bridgewater Law Group we know many of the strategies used in real estate transactions, and we know how to counter them. Let our attorneys advocate for your case. We know when a fair settlement is on the table and when there is more to be won. We will fight for the best financial outcome for your case and compensating for this disruption to your time and family.Get a Free Consultation
Your win is our win, and we will not settle for anything else. Give us a call today for a free consultation, in less than 30 minutes; we will know if we can win together with you.